collapse collapse
Welcome to Affirmative's Redemption Road!

Redemption Road, founding member corp of Affirmative. alliance, is a community-service corporation with a focus on small-gang PVP, organizing and running public roams, events, tools, new players and other services for the Eve Online community.

We have public roams on Fridays and Sundays, plus assorted random stuff during the week.  Our monthly NewBro Roam - a new-player-friendly roam - is on or around the 15th of the month.  Our "Survivor Seminars" will be back in early 2015!  See announcements in the "Announcements and Events" forum section below for more details on our latest events!  Also, join our in-game public chat "Redemption Road" and our in-game mailing list "Redemption Roams" for the latest information.

We use Teamspeak for all events.  Server: ts.affirmativealliance.com  Password: YES!

You can join our Fleet-Up group here.

See you there!

* 30 Day Top Posters

Greygal Greygal
30 Posts
Feed Bot
24 Posts
Jensy_Armanda Jensy_Armanda
9 Posts
DrakShala DrakShala
7 Posts
Lezibean Lezibean
6 Posts

* Newest Members

• stats Total Members: 731
  • stats Total Posts: 648
  • stats Total Topics: 317
  • stats Total Categories: 1
  • stats Total Boards: 5
  • stats Most Online: 68

* The Latest News!

No posts were found.

Author Topic: Doctrine Annie  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Greygal

• The only chance you get is the one you take.
  • Awarded for excellence in support of Affirmative's ATXIV Alliance Tournament Team Awarded for excellence in support of Affirmative's ATXIII Alliance Tournament Team. Awarded for excellence in support of Affirmative's ATXII Alliance Tournament Team Awarded for outstanding performance in the New Eden II Tournament
    • us
    • Female
    • View Profile
    • Redemption Road
Annie
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:59:06 AM »
Annie is one of several low-skill, new-player friendly fleet doctrines that we use on our monthly NewBro new player roams.

Annie is a high speed, short-range range armor brawling fleet.  You rush in, grab targets, and kill.  It uses Executioners for grabbing and holding targets ("tackle") and damage dealing ("DPS"), Crucifiers for electronic warfare ("Ewar"), specifically using tracking disruption ("tracks") on target ships, and Navitas's for remote repair ("Logi").  We put all new pilots into the Executioner.  Pilots that have flown on other roams and/or have some experience in fleet flying are asked to fly the Navitas and Crucifier to support the fleet.  We will also have a small number of very experienced pilots flying Interceptors to scout out and tackle ("skirmishers") potential targets for us, and maybe a bubbler or two. 

Annie is designed to give new players a general understanding and simple introduction to tackling and DPS, fleet movement, and how different roles in a fleet work together.  It is very simple for the FC to lead this fleet, is conducive to focus-fire and free-fire situations, and dirt cheap.  The main challenge to FC'ing Annie is getting the Executioner pilots on top of the targets - beam lasers are short range with short falloff.  This fleet is weak against kiting fleets, hence why we include Crucifiers to help reduce the impact of a kiting fleet against the fleet until we can either get into a good position for the fleet or choose to not engage.  Alternatively, you can use Maulus's or Griffins also.  As is true of most frigate doctrines, Annie is also susceptible to bombers and drone-heavy doctrines.

We use the following guidelines to balance the fleet:
10% Crucifier
10% Navitas
80% Executioner

This balance allows Annie to "scale" up and down in numbers very effectively. It can be used in a gang of 10, or a fleet of 250.  It allows us to take on target fleets that are much larger and/or heavier than ours, yet doesn't have so much ewar and logi that other fleets will refuse to fight us.

[/hr]
THE EXECUTIONER
The Annie Executioner is a "Day One" frigate that can be flown by a brand-new pilot with just under 7.5 hours of training time, assuming nothing already trained.  In Annie, the Executioner is used for grabbing and holding down targets ("tackling") and damage dealing ("DPS").  It is very cheap, costing less than 900,000 isk to fit.  Pilots with higher skills can upgrade most any of the modules to T2 modules if they like, and those who have some fitting skills trained can fit pretty much anything they want in the utility high (small neut is good idea).

"Annie Executioner - click to see fit"
[evefit][Executioner, Annie Executioner]
Damage Control I
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
'Collateral' Adaptive Nano Plating I

Upgraded 1MN Microwarpdrive I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Patterned Stasis Web I

Dual Anode Light Particle Stream I, Multifrequency S
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

[/evefit]

Low slots:
  • Damage Control I ("DCU" or "Suitcase") gives your ship a boost to its shield, armor and hull tank's resistance, which means you can take a little bit more damage before dying.  Don't leave home without it!  Every time we undock or go through a gate, you should always turn your DCU on as soon as you can.  As soon as you have the skills to do so, try to always use the Tech II DCU. 
  • 200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I ("Plate") gives your ship a little bit of armor "buffer tank," which not only lets you take a little bit more damage before dying, it lets our Navitas pilots ("Logi") repair you more effectively.  More importantly, this plate combined with the Damage Control Unit and the Adaptive Nano Plating increases the likelihood that your ship will survive two or three bombs, should (when!) our fleet gets bombed.  Plates are "passive" tanking modules and do not need to be activated (turned on) to be effective.
  • 'Collateral' Adaptive Nano Plating I is a module that boosts your armor's "resistance."  Higher armor (or shield) resistance reduces the amount of incoming damage you receive.  This means you can take a little bit more damage before dying.  As you are reducing some of the incoming damage you are receiving, this mod also helps our logi pilots repair you more effectively.
Mid slots:
  • J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I (warp scrambler, "scram") stops a target from warping off.  Always say "scram" (and what you have scramed, ship type and/or pilot name) in voice when you have scram'd (aka tackled) a target, even in the middle of a fight.  Also, remember to always scram FIRST, then web, a target.
  • Patterned Stasis Web I is a Stasis Webifier ("web"), which is used to slow a target down, making it is harder for them to run away from you.  Remember to always scram FIRST, then web, a target.
  • Upgraded 1mn Microwarpdrive I (microwarpdrive, "MWD") lets you fly very fast.  Sometimes too fast - you can actually fly past your target! So flying with a microwarpdrive on your frigate takes a little practice to master.  For our NewBro roams, we believe that the ability to get in range of your targets fast is very important (especially in short-range brawling ships), so even though you may find it too fast sometimes, we think getting on target faster is more important.  Plus, it's fun to fly fast! Microwarpdrives will use up your capacitor ("cap") pretty fast, so it is best to just turn it on while you rush in to the targets, then turn it off once you have tackled and started orbiting the target.  Microwarpdrives also increase your signature radius, which means it is easier for opponents to get a target lock on you, and their damage is more affective against you.  Because of this, ALWAYS try to turn your microwarpdrive off immediately upon seeing any bombs on grid!
High slots:
  • Dual Anode Light Particle Stream I are your guns! Well, actually, they are your lasers, pulse lasers to be specific :)   Pulse lasers are short range, high rate-of-fire ("ROF") turrets with very good DPS.  On this fit, they have a short (3-5km for low skilled, 6-10km for high skilled) "optimal" range, and a pretty short (about two kilometer) "falloff" range.  "Optimal" range is the range your weapons are most effective at.  As you fly farther into "falloff" range, your weapons become less effective, meaning they hit less often and for less damage.  If you are outside of optimal and falloff, you will likely not hit the target at all.  Because pulse lasers have a short optimal (and very short falloff) range, this means you really have to get very close to your target and stay very close in order to maximize your damage.  With such a short optimal on this fit, you may actually find it easier to use the "keep at range" command on a target, instead of orbiting the target.  This is because sometimes orbiting the target will actually orbit your ship outside of the optimal of your lasers.  However, be aware that this also makes it a lot easier for your target to keep "transversal" on you. 
  • Multifrequency S is a type of frequency crystal (type of ammunition) used by both pulse and beam lasers.  Note there are many different types of crystals that can be used in a laser turret, but all crystals de exactly the same type of damage - EM and thermal - which means they are particularly effective against shield tanked ships.  The primary difference between all the various types of laser crystals is the range they operate best at and their damage modifier.  In general, the shorter the optimal range, the higher the potential DPS; the longer the optimal range, the lower the potential DPS.  Unlike other weapon systems, you only need to load one crystal per laser turret - unless you are going into a hours-long fight or major structure grind, you will rarely need to reload your ammo.  This is because T1 frequency crystals never wear out, and faction/T2 frequency crystals last quite a long time before they wear out.  We only use the multifrequency crystal in the Annie Executioner to keep things as simple as possible for our new pilots, and to maximize our fleet's overall DPS. (If you are a more experienced pilot, feel free to carry additional type(s) of crystals and/or swap out to T2 lasers and T2 crystals, if you prefer.)
Flying this Executioner is very simple and fun. Turn on your microwarpdrive ("MWD") and fly in towards the targets.  Try to fly at an angle to them, not straight at them, but it's okay if you do fly straight at them.  When a target is about 5-10km from you, apply your scram first, then web, on the target.  Turn off your microwarpdrive and orbit the target while you shoot it and watch it die.  After the roam is over, you can take this Executioner home with you (if it survives!) and use it with a few friends to roam on your own or even try your hand at solo PVP with it!

Minimum Skills for the Annie Executioner:
The following are the minimum skills required to fly our Annie Executioner on our NewBro roams.  It will take a brand-new character just under 7.5 hours to train these skills.

Of course, as always, the more of these skills you can train to Level 3 or 4, the better! 

• Amarr Frigate I (16 minutes, 40 seconds)
  • Hull Upgrades II (1 hour, 17 minutes, 38 seconds)
  • Afterburner III (3 hours, 39 minutes, 30 seconds)
  • High Speed Maneuvering I (41 minutes, 40 seconds)
  • Propulsion Jamming I (25 minutes)
  • Small Energy Turret I (8 minutes, 20 seconds)
If you have already put some implants into your clone, you should also train Infomorph Psychology I (takes less than 10 minutes) so you can create a second clone.  You can then use this new - empty!! - clone on the roam and not worry about losing your implants.  Read our article about Clones here.

If you have some time before the roam, it's also a good idea to train Thermodynamics to 3, so you can overheat your weapons!

Recommended Skills:
For new players interested in getting into PVP, we recommend following our "Two Week Starter Skill List."  This list of recommended skills will give a new player access to most all T1 frigates and allow you to fit your ship reasonably effectively and cheaply, plus give you the ability to try out multiple ships and roles without a great deal of time (or isk) investment. 

[/hr]
SUPPORT SHIPS:
Because we know that some of you attending our NewBro roams are not brand-new pilots and have some experience flying in a fleet, we use the Crucifier and Navitas  to support the Executioners and the fleet as a whole.  This way our more experienced pilots can help support the brand new pilots, keep them in the fight a bit longer, provide additional effectiveness to the fleet as a whole, and provide a simple example to our NewBros on how a fleet consists of different roles working together.

CRUCIFIER
The Crucifier is an electronic warfare frigate ("Ewar") that has a bonus to tracking disruptor effectiveness ("tracks").  Tracks are used to disrupt the turret systems of target ships, reducing their optimal and falloff and/or reduce their turret's tracking speed.  Tracks are ineffective against missile ships. 

Tracks are just one of numerous types of Ewar available in Eve.  In a fleet, Ewar pilots reduce the effectiveness of the target ships, which means they cause less damage to our fleet, allowing us to stay in the fight longer and kill more.

Tracking disruptors are able to use scripts which increase their effectiveness.  The Optimal Range Disruption Script ("range script" or "optimal script") will reduce the optimal AND falloff range of opponent's turrets, and the Tracking Speed Disruption Script ("tracking script" or "track script") will lower the tracking speed of the target's turrets. 

Tracks are best used against ships that use turrets as their primary weapon system, i.e., blasters, railguns, lasers, artillery, and autocannons.  Missile launchers are not affected by tracking disruption, so don't bother putting tracks on any missile boats (such as most Caldari ships). 

What to tracking disrupt and which script to use is something of an artform that is developed over time.  To keep it simple, I advise that you use Optimal Range Disruption Script against targets that are far from the main fight (especially attack battlecruisers such as the Tornado or Oracle), and Tracking Speed Disruption Scripts against ships that are within or near the main fight.

Crucifier pilots should always endeavor to fly "behind" our main fleet, holding themselves 50-70km or more off of the main furball of the fight.  As is true of any frigate, Crucifier pilots should never hesitate to warp in and out of the fight ("bounce") to keep themselves alive. If you are being attacked ("red boxed"), warp off.  You do not need to ask the FC permission, just do it! 

While the Crucifier is often fit for speed/agility, we fit a small armor tank on ours primarily to increase the chance of survival against bombs and to aid logistics pilots in keeping you alive.  However, even though we have logi support in Annie, their range is limited and as a Crucifier pilot you may often find yourself beyond the range of the logi.  Because of this, while our logi pilots will do what they can to keep you alive, ultimately, you are responsible for your own survival.  Don't hesitate to bounce out of the fight, pull range, or do whatever else you need to do to stay alive!

Because tracks are subject to stacking penalties, the FC will inform you of his/her default standing orders regarding how to spread and apply your tracks.  Depending upon the FC, this may be alphabetically, by target type, or some other spread.  (There are so many ways to spread tracks that it's just too much to discuss in this article).

The Crucifier is capable of fielding a nice set of drones.  All Crucifier pilots should launch their drones and assign them to their squad leader, the FC, or any other pilot in range (we're just not picky about drone assignments).  Of course, you can also just control your drones yourself to put on the primary and/or anybody who is attacking you.

For our NewBro roams, we will ask that only pilots who have some small gang and/or fleet flying experience fly our Crucifiers.  It's not a role well-suited for brand new players or those who have no gang/fleet  experience at all.  However, flying the Crucifier or other Ewar frigates is a terrific gang role for new players to aim for.  A newer player can, following the recommended skills listed below, fly a reasonably effective Crucifier with about two weeks of training (and some of that training is in core skills, which are useful for every ship you fly).  Once you have flown in a gang or fleet a few times and have a good idea how fleets are run, try flying a Crucifier when you can.  You will quickly see that it is incredibly fun to fly, helps you build excellent range control and situational awareness, and is welcome in many gangs! 

"Newbro Crucifier - Click to see fit"
[evefit][Crucifier, Newbro Crucifier]
Damage Control II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Adaptive Nano Plating II

DDO Scoped Tracking Disruptor, Optimal Range Disruption Script
1x 1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

150mm Light Gallium Machine Gun, EMP S
150mm Light Gallium Machine Gun, EMP S

Small Tracking Diagnostic Subroutines I
Small Ionic Field Projector I
[empty rig slot]

Acolyte I x1
Acolyte I x1
Acolyte I x1
Acolyte I x1
Acolyte I x1
Acolyte I x1

Optimal range Disruption Script x3
Tracking speed Disruption Script x3
[/evefit]

Recommended Minimum Skills for the NewBro Crucifier:
With a generous CPU, the Crucifier is generally pretty easy to fit although you may have occasional powergrid issues.  You will notice that our fit above is using Autocannons in the high slots; this is because Autocannons don't use any capacitor when activated.  However, as is true of most E-war frigates, ultimately what you put in the highs on the Crucifier really don't matter all that much.  You are not there for DPS, you are there for E-war. You can actually put anything you want in highslots.

Total training time for our Crucifier as fit above is just under seven days. Here are our recommended minimum skills to fly our Newbro Crucifier:
"Recommended Minimum Crucifier Skills - Click to view"
  • Amarr Frigate III
  • Afterburner IV
  • Drones III
  • Hull Upgrades IV
  • Light Drone Operation III (Level I is minimum, III is recommended)
  • CPU Management III
  • Power Grid Management IV
  • Weapon Disruption III
  • Motion Prediction III
  • Small Projectile Turret IV
Rig-related skills: Recommended, but not required. Takes about 10 hours to train.

• Mechanics III
  • Jury Rigging III
  • Electronic Superiority Rigging I

NAVITAS
The Navitas is a Tech I support frigate, also known as a logistics ("Logi") frigate.  It is used to remotely repair the armor of other ships in the fleet both during and after a fight.  In a fleet, Logi pilots help extend the life of the fleet overall by remotely repairing their shields or armor.  They won't necessarily be able to keep you alive, but they will do their best to keep you in the fight as long as possible.

For our NewBro roams, we will ask that only pilots who have some small gang and/or fleet flying experience fly our Navitas.  It's not a role well-suited for brand new players or those who have no PVP experience.  However, flying the Navitas or other Logi frigates is a fantastic gang role for new players to aim for.  A newer player can, following the recommended skills listed below, fly a reasonably effective logi frigate with about two weeks of training (and some of that training is in core skills, which are useful for every ship you fly).  Once you have flown in a gang or fleet a few times and have a good idea how fleets are run, try flying a logi frigate when you can.  You will quickly see that it is incredibly fun to fly, helps you build excellent range control and situational awareness, is welcome on most gangs, and brings out the hero in you!  There is something immensely satisfying about keeping FC alive against all odds, after all!

"Charlie Brown Navitas - Click to see fit"
[evefit][Navitas, Newbro Navitas]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Experimental 1MN Afterburner I

Small Solace Scoped Remote Armor Repairer

Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
Small Remote Repair Augmentor I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin I x1[/evefit]
Recommended Minimum Skills for the Charlie Brown Navitas:
You can fly this Navitas with Power Grid Management III or IV without any real issue.  You can also fly it with CPU Management, Capacitor Management, and Capacitor Systems Operation trained to just Level 3, but I don't really recommend doing so as you will run out of cap within two minutes.  On the other hand, if you've survived a fight in a Navitas for about two minutes, you're likely golden :) 

"Recommended Minimum Skills for the Navitas - Click to view"
  • Gallente Frigate IV
  • Hull Upgrades V
  • Energy Grid Upgrades III
  • Afterburner III
  • Mechanics III
  • Repair Systems III
  • Remote Armor Repair Systems IV
  • Jury Rigging III
  • Armor Rigging III
  • Drones III
  • Light Drone Operation I
  • Power Grid Management IV
  • CPU Management V
  • Capacitor Management IV
  • Capacitor Systems Operation IV
All Navitas pilots should have the fleet commander ("FC"), wing commander ("WC"), and their squad commander ("SC") on their watch list.  You should also have several (if not all) of the other Navitas pilots on your watch list.  Your priority for remote repairing fleet members is the FC, SC and other logi pilots - and not necessarily in that order.  Sometimes you will have to use your best judgement as to who you should focus repairing.  For example, it is better to repair someone who is already in range of your remote reppers, than to spend time flying into range of someone who is not in range (because often by the time you are in range, they are already dead).  The picking and choosing of who to repair and who to not repair is referred to as "triage" - and sometimes, it can be a downright heartbreaking choice to make.

As a Navitas pilot, staying aware of your position in relation to the main fight (the "furball") is critical to your survival.  Navitas pilots will, whenever possible, be warped to the fight at range by their squad leader, so they are not instantly killed by our targets (hopefully).  However, sometimes this isn't possible.  So never hesitate to warp out of the fight then back in at a better range, in order to better repair your fleet mates and keep yourself alive longer.

Once you are at a good range from the furball, watch the broadcast tab of your fleet window and do what you can to keep someone alive as long as you can.  Remember, especially in large fights with very high incoming damage, you are not going to be able to keep anyone alive, but you WILL be able to keep them in the fight for a bit longer than if you weren't repairing them.  Every few seconds someone stays alive and in the fight is more damage we are doing to the opposing fleet, and more often than not, the fight is won by those few extra seconds (or even minutes) that a small handful of pilots stayed alive longer than they should have.

Flying the Navitas gives you the opportunity to be the hero.  Enjoy it!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:17:48 AM by Greygal »
What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.
Roc’s Rules #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.
Roc's Rules #580: Let them doubt your sanity but never your passion.
Roc's Rules #579: Never ride the crazy train. Drive that motherf*cker.

Offline Greygal

• Awarded for excellence in support of Affirmative's ATXIV Alliance Tournament Team Awarded for excellence in support of Affirmative's ATXIII Alliance Tournament Team. Awarded for excellence in support of Affirmative's ATXII Alliance Tournament Team Awarded for outstanding performance in the New Eden II Tournament
    • us
    • Female
    • View Profile
    • Redemption Road
Doctrine: Annie
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »
Reposting this from backup, need to clean it up a bit though.  Somehow it got deleted... not sure what I did wrong there!

Offline Greygal

• us
    • Female
    • View Profile
    • Redemption Road
Annie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 03:18:20 AM »
Fits updated Feb. 25th, 2016, many thanks to Theboatman!

* The Latest News!

No posts were found.

* Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.
Current Eve Time:

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[22] 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Blogs & Podcasts

Certified. New Eden News Hazardous Goods NetGameRadio High Drag Life in Eve Crossing Zebras Declarations of War Cap Stable

Other Stuff

Agony Unleashed EveDownUnder Eve-Bet Omgrawr! Eve Avatars Markee Dragon Time Codes

Online Tools

Dingo's Toolbox Fuzzworks (calculators for everything) Fleet-Up Evepraisal (loot estimator) Eve-Calculator Eve Kill Battle Report Editor Jump Fatigue Calculator KB Timezone Analysis

Programs

EveMon EFT jEveAssets Aura app